The aim of JIM2L is to participate in enhancing the regional higher education systems in the engineering sector in Egypt and Jordan. The specific objectives of the project are:
- Curriculum for a joint master degree (MSc) in Mechatronics in accordance with the Bologna Convention and associated regulations.
- Definition of Mechatronics training courses for engineers from the industry (mechatronics, electrical and mechanical); supporting lifelong learning.
- Description of the basic requirements for Training Centres at the universities for engineers from the industry in the field of Mechatronics.
- Well trained staff members at the participating universities in the beneficiary countries through training of the trainers.
- Advanced laboratories for Mechatronics studies to be used by students and within the Training Centers.
- Rules for national networks; the members of the networks are universities, professors, and engineers from the industry.