Philadelphia University Libraryis located at the center of the University Campus. The new library building was designed and constructed according to the latest trends in library construction, and was inspired by the Islamic architectural style. It was officially opened on 1st November 1998.
The Library building currently consists of entrance and four main floors comprising an area of 7.234 sq.m. and seating capacity of 2145 patrons.
- The main entrance accommodates four racks for new and rare books. Featured in the entrance is a splendid replica of the ancient map of Palestine from a Church in Madaba.
- The ground floor accommodates the two main Reading Halls of the Arabic Collection, Acquisition section,Special collections racksTechnical processing section, Circulation desk, Best sellers racks and Online cataloguing area.
- The firstfloor accommodates the main hall of the English Collection and Administration Offices.
- The secondfloor accommodates Arabic and English periodicals in addition to periodicals back issues hall and reference’s hall.
- The third floor accommodates the database and periodicals section, Electronic Library with 32 PCs connected to the Internet with active online access to several world class databases and electronic services such as (Science Direct, EBSCOhost, Scopus, e-Marefa, …),University publications archive Hall,Conference hall, Seminars hall, And meeting room.