|Dean: Prof. Dr. Mohamed Bettaz|
|Tel: +96264799000 Ext. 2502|
The Faculty of Information Technology was established to graduate students who are equipped with knowledge and skills relevant to the rising demands for awareness of the role information plays in characterizing our daily modern life. Today's society is experiencing a rapid shift from a traditional production-driven society to an information-driven one where every aspect of social and corporate activity is processed more quickly and precisely through the utilization of computers and networks. Keeping this always in mind, the study plan for every graduation programme of this Faculty has been very carefully framed to address the most recent developments in the field of Information Technology, and attention is dually given to both theory and practice.
The Faculty consists of the following four departments in addition to the rich and well equipped Computer Centre:
- Department of Software Engineering (SE)
- Department of Computer Science (CS)
- Department of Management Information Systems (MIS)
And offers four bachelor programmes with the following aims :
- To train the students as managers and executives, to serve public and private sector organizations.
- To fulfill national manpower requirements in the field of Business management and Information technology.
- To undertake research in the field of Computer Science or any IT field, Management Studies, Business and Commerce, Environment, Health etc.
- To provide consultancy services to government, non-governmental organizations and corporate bodies in applications of management and information technology for solving complex problems.
- To equip them with intricacies of setting up their own business as entrepreneurs.
The Faculty has excellent infrastructure in the form of building and space, Library, Computing facility with the help of a huge number of latest generation Computers in a number of PC Labs connected to eight Servers, very fast accessible Networks, Research Labs and High-end Labs including IT-Incubator Labs, three Network Labs including CISCO Training Labs, MS Training Center Labs, ICDL, Phoenix International Training Center Lab, five Thin Client Labs, three Multimedia Labs, one Linux Lab, Supervisors’ Lab, CS Auditorium, big Conference Room, Seminar Room and Administrative backup that are essential for pursuing higher education and research. It has developed an excellent pool of faculty from academia and industry to enable the students to relate academic inputs to work environment.
The Faculty has endeavored to have close interaction with industry and international experts by conducting International Symposiums, Seminars, Industrial Visits, and Projects etc. to enable its students to understand the final points of IT study. This is the reason that our students have been finding ready-acceptance in industries and business, and also for admission to higher education in USA, Europe etc.
Our alumni are occupying responsible positions in the cooperate world inside and outside the country. It is worth mentioning that the Faculty of IT has been adjudged as the top ranked IT Faculty in the Kingdom and has been awarded the prestigious Al-Hussein Fund Prize for excellence in the specialization of Computer and Information Systems.
As the Dean of the Faculty, I welcome all the students of Philadelphia University or of any other university, their parents/guardians and/or any Corporate-team or any Government-team to visit the Faculty of IT any working days and give us valuable feedback/suggestions/criticisms for further improvement of our academic quality